Friday, February 24, 2012

It's that time of year, again!

The skiff is done and ready for shipment.  Off to Tacoma or Seattle with it and also a new bale of web for the seine.  I'm running into difficulties finding a ride north for the skiff.  All the tenders headed up are stopping in Sitka for herring and can't have a skiff sitting on deck.  They'll need every square inch of deck space they have.  Horizon doesn't carry skiffs anymore, so I don't know who to go to.

Ah, Samson Tug & Barge will take it to Kodiak for the paltry sum of three thousand one hundred dollars, one way, please.  Anyway, I just got home from delivering the skiff and web.  I went a little overboard on the skiff bridle and painter line.  Inch and a half Blue Steel Dynema, hahaha. I don't think I have to ever worry about breaking it. Not even sure what the breaking strength is, pretty darn big though. Here are the pictures:

Wish I knew what the breaking strength on the Dynema is.


Loaded up and ready to head for Seattle.
They're just about to touch down on the flat.  I was real happy about how balanced the lifting bridle was. I was surprised at how much the skiff weighed 6,020 lbs.  Wow, fat boy.










And there we are, touch down and delivered!  Now, if they can just make sure it arrives intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment