Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Countdown Begins

It is officially countdown time for me. March 1st was here and gone so quickly I missed it. It's that time of the year for most salmon fishermen to start readying their operations for the upcoming season. Nets have to be repaired, skiffs gone through, boats hauled, bottom painted, and every system checked at least 3 times. I start about the first of April, in Kodiak, and use a small little fishery most people outside of the State of Alaska have never heard of to get my boat and equipment tuned up before the tender season starts. Cod jigging. It gives me a chance to actually go fishing, but do it at a very slow pace. That way I can monitor all the systems and make any mods or repairs without losing a lot of time or money.

No comments:

Post a Comment