Tuesday, January 17, 2012

There was a Salmon season in there somewhere?

I would love to avoid it, but that's not how I do things.  Salmon season 2011 is one I would like to forget.  It stunk from the start of day two clear through the whole season.  Day one was good.  We were on the "Mainland" chasing early Reds.  We had a pretty good day and then the liquid line on the refrigeration system ruptured in the fish hold.  That allowed a significant amount of seawater to enter the the refrigerant lines, compressor, condenser, and chiller tubes.  Needless to say, none of those things like salt water.  It took 30 seconds to do over $30 thousand dollars worth of damage and shut us down for the entire month of June. Not my idea of a good time. After that incident, the salmon season turned into a series of personnel problems.  I got through them and managed to learn a little bit.  That is all I'm going to say about the 2011 Salmon season.  It's over, I survived, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment